Camping!

This has been talked about for months and months! We and our fellow neighbors, the Gibbons & the Kunz, had been wanting to go camping. Steve was the one who pushed it because he just had to get out! So we finally planned it out and actually did it. We went to Garner State Park on the 22nd and 23rd of last month. Ya it was just for one night but with that many kids? ANd first timers? We had to just do one night. But it turned out really fun and a much needed break from life. Before we got to the camp site, we stopped at Eagle's Nest...the diamond in the rough! It was the best food ever! They claim to have "The Best burger in TExas" So we had to try it and I think they were right! And their fries were heavenly. They also sell turnovers and pies that were very tempting. ANyone interested, just drive about a mile past the entrance to Garner State park and there it is. It's totally worth the drive!


They also had a pet Macaw (sp), Emma hardly ate her food cause she wanted to be in here with the bird.
See what I mean abouit the food?
Oh and Emma got her head stuck in a chair...
Time to set up and the get up! This coat is about 1 year too big for Kate but it's all we had :) The Christmas Story anyone? We hurried and put the tents up before and got dark. And then we got the fire going too.
Marshmellow time


LOL Kate...
We then went to explore the river bed.




Dinner: hot dogs
Here's our living situation. The pack n Play is a must!
If you look closely, Emma is sleeping in the green sleeping bag Joe's handy work, a Log Cabin fire :)
Good morning!
Yummy breakfast! Bacon, scrambled eggs, and sausage.

Kids hard at play
This was Kate's face the whole time...or at least it felt that way!

Cute little Cannon and Jaqline
Time to pack up :(
Another marshmellow moment


Emma really had a blast camping




family picture attempts..

Joe then put Kate in a tree and she loved it





We definitely are going to do this come spring. Wasn't as bad as I thought with the kids! Any one wanting to come, climb aboard!

19 comments:

celeste said...

ya we're sad we couldn't make it. but it looks like you guys had lots of fun. Maybe next time it will work for us.

Tim and Melissa said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad you guys seem to have had better weather than we had.

I'm also glad to see that you are feeling better. I swear I commented on your post where you were having a rough day, but I don't see it listed there now. Hmmm...anyway, I was trying to say that you have always been so impressive to me - talented with so many friends. Intimidating, yes, but also a great example. Thanks for being real!

Tyler and Erin said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I can't get over how cute your girls are! They are adorable.

annie and jared said...

how fun, i LOVE LOVE LOVE camping, but doing it with kids (a baby especially) is no easy task. looks like it was fun and your girls are adorable as ever.

lisset said...

that looks like such a fun weekend trip! taking note of the location... just in case we ever end up in texas... :)

Hillery said...

You're brave! I don't think we'll tackle the camping this for awhile. And I love that even though emma was probably freaking out, you still manage to take a picture. We do stuff like that with Sadie all the time!

Courtney said...

Garner is always fun thats where we usually go camping, well except when it's really crowded in the summer. You guys went at a good time. I think we've been to that Eagle's Nest, they had all you can eat catfish one time we were up there, so we stoped. Glad to see you guys had fun and that camping wasn't too hard with kids!

katie t said...

how fun!

and i'm so jealous of your weather (though i am not going to jinx it because it has been so warm here for december and THERE IS NO SNOW!!!!!

it's my early christmas present... :)

Christine said...

How fun! You guys are brave! Scott and I keep talking about camping, but we never can get up the courage. Maybe we will try it out this spring when you guys go again. We'll see. I miss you girls, we need to do something SOON! Maybe after the Holidays I will have a little get together. Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a fun day.

Ben and Nanci Hanks said...

You guys are really roughin' it. I'm impressed! My idea of camping is staying in a cheap motel! Looks like fun-and Kate is sooo cute!

Jonny and Suzette Baird said...

for fun!!! I love camping. so I need your email address for an evite? are you going to be in town the 16th?
I love this song also....

Kajsa said...

fun! its so beautiful there! looks like yall had a great time! i love camping! and love all the cute of your girls!

goldie said...

You are a brave woman to take two little girls camping. And, I am sure that it wasn't the warmest night of you life either. But, it looks fun. I actually wouldn't mind a night camping myself - and I prefer just one night! :)

Thanks for all the advice about my non-sleeping little boy. I have tried so hard to not feed the little tank at night, but he just screams and I give in. I am trying though. I think I might need the baby whisperer to move in for a few nights.

katie t said...

even though i called you...we have to give you a happy birthday shout out soooooo

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! and i'm just 5 hrs late on the blogging but????

love ya
kt

Jazmin said...

fun times! it was a nice getaway!

Lindsey Whiting said...

WOW, I'm impressed! It looks like you guys had a blast.

Jill said...

I'm glad you had such a fun time and I'm impressed that you went camping with two girls in tow. It's good to see that Quin and I will be able to do all our favorite things when we have kids! And I think we'll definitely be checking out the Eagle's Nest!

zimfam said...

The camping looks like so much fun!

Charly said...

Hey Lyssa...I saw your blog on Courtney's blog...fun pictures!

Pin It button on image hover