The Reality of Things

**Editor's Note**
The following post is NOT a pity party!! It's more for fun and sarcasm, to make fun of the imperfections of life!! So please don't feel bad or sorry for me. It was for fun.

A good friend of mine, Maggie, did this on her blog and I really liked it. So much so that I needed to do it myself.

I've had the "blog battle" going on for months and months now. The "blog battle" is deciding in my head if i'm going to first blog, then second, check other people's blogs. For most people, blogging has become a place to post the happy things in life, whether it's pictures, stories, trips, adventures etc etc. So from only seeing everyone's great times in their lives, I am left to dwell on my own imperfect life. And some of you are probably reading this and thinking, "whatever Lyssa! You have a great life. You are one of the blogs I don't like to check because your life is so fabulous." Sorry to burst your bubble but I think people who know me but don't really know me, don't really know me...From the outside, I may look like I have everything together and life is so nice and sweet. But it's not! And here's proof:

-I lose my temper with my kids on a daily basis

-When I say lose, I mean there is some yelling, smacking, straightening, and manuvering

-I stay up way to late every night so I am always tired in the day

-I don't meal plan so everyday is a "oh crap, it's 5, what are we going to eat" day.

-If laundry gets done, the clothes sit in the buckets until next time laundry needs to get done.

-Bringing kids to church is like sticking a needle in your eye.

-My girls are the only ones who can test my patience.

-Motherhood is hard and sometimes I don't want it.

-I look forward to bedtime so I don't have to deal with the kids anymore that day.

-My girls watch too much TV...enough said there.

-I can't remember the last time I did my hair. That's why it's long, so I can just pull it up.

-I am amazed at other mom's who can look so adorable and fashionable. I have found I can't go clothes shopping for myself with kids. So I am stuck with a wardrobe that is 4 years old...maybe dating back to high school...

-The small things in life are the hardest for me, like reading scriptures and praying.

-I totally covet

-I too don't shower more days than I do (thanks maggie for this one)

-I have zero amount of discipline when it comes to money so i just avoid anywhere that sells things.

-Days go by and still my floor is covered in cereal

-I throw some dry cereal in bowls and put them on the floor for breakfast for the girls, like their piglets or something..lol

-I hate cleaning the bathroom.

-I hate cooking and meal planning

-I sometimes dislike my calling

-My car is disgusting, covered in snacks that I give the girls so they will stop crying when we do errands.

-I am the worse communicator and listener...ask my husband, he'll tell you.

-I rarely finish a project I start

-I pop my knuckles all the time.

So is that enough for you? LOL I promise I am far from perfect. I don't have it all together. I rely on too many things to get through each day. But what can I say? I'm human, right?

And to top it all off, i'm throwing another kid into the mix....AHH!! lol I konw, fun huh?

yep, it's true...7 weeks along...due Nov. 2....so i'm experiencing the joys of morning sickness. So if I am not chipper when you see me anytime soon, don't take it personal. I'm just trying to not puke all over the floor on which you stand on at that moment.

But to balance out the bad, and let you all know that I don't want to kill myself or am ungrateful for the life I have, here's something I LOVE about it, even if i'm imperfect:

-I LOVE my 2 girls with all my heart. I can't tell you what I wouldn't do for them...even crying right now as I write this!

-I am so thrilled to be having another baby. I can't wait to find out what it'll be!!

-There is nothing else in the world I would rather be doing than being a mom.

-I'm so grateful to be able to stay at home and take care of my kids.

-I am grateful for a husband who loves me and girls so much, helping us with anything we need help with, especially right now!

-I am truly grateful for the Gospel and it's teachings for my family and me.

- I am grateful for God's love for me and his understanding of what i'm going through right now.

-I am grateful to be living in a safe, wonderful area where we receive so much help and aid.

-I am grateful that we are all healthy and living.

-I am grateful for Emma and the wonderful, energetic, stubborn personality that she has. She's so strong and in the right hands, can be an immovable force.

-I am grateful for Kate. She is just so happy and carefree. Life is so happy with her and I'm glad. I think it'll always be fun and happy with the attitude she has. Her smile lights up a room.

-I am grateful for Joe. He sacrifices everything to get through school and do well. We've really grown so close in just the past year. Each year together, it just gets better.

-I am so grateful that we are an eternal family!

So ya, I don't know what I'm doing most of the time but that's okay! I'm doing the best I can and God is merciful :)


38 comments:

THE ORMES said...

Okay Lyssa . . . everything on that list shows that you are a mom of young children and to boot you have a husband in dental school. I swear about 90% of those things I do too. Honestly. Don't dwell on the things you think you're bad at. Focus on what you're good at. Otherwise the hormones will take over and you'll feel completely worthless . . . and you're not.

So despite all you said, Tom and I still think you're wonderful!!!!!

Ann-Marie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Oh the puking...not fun. Thanks for being honest. It's always refreshing to hear someone is as nonperfect as I am!

Liz said...

Sometimes it's just good to know that not everyone is perfect and so we don't need to be either. Thanks for sharing:).

Congratulations on the new baby. If the morning sickness(or in my case all day sickness) gets to bad, call your OB and ask for Zofran. It works really well for most people! Good luck with everything!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Congrats!! Long live the dimples! I am so excited for you.

Linsay Jarvis said...

LYSSA!! Oh MY GOODNESS!! Congrats!! And I loved the post, rarely do I laugh out lound reading them but so funny. And congrats I am so so so excited for you!

Courtney said...

Your post is refreshing, it's good to know that there are other people who have the same issues. I can't even imagine having two kids right now. I get frustrated with just one and he can't even talk back yet! Anyways, we all have faults and no one is perfect despite what they post on their blog. I never do my hair and consider myself lucky if i shower every other day. I'm even luckier if i manage a little makeup. I still think you should blog, it's fun. Just post what you want and what makes you feel good. That's half of what gets me through the day, finding things to take pictures of and post on the blog.

So Congratulations on the baby!!!! I hope things go good for you. At least you'll be settled in Vegas before the baby comes.

melimba said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
i had no idea!?! you kill me.
you and maggie and your lists! I love that we can ALL relate!!! :)
wow, NOVEMBER?! a little las vegas baby! viva las vegas!!!

Krista said...

Congrats!!!!! And sorry!!! On being sick. No fun at all. Ugh.

And ditto on so many on your list. Especially meal planning, laundry, and staying up too late. :)

celeste said...

LOL... I knew you were pregnant. Actually the day at the campground I saw you and something about your face... I don't know you just looked tired... that's when I kinda knew....that's why I wrote you that comment on face book. :) Congratulations... and by the way I think it's going to be a boy!

Charly said...

Hey Lyssa! Congratulations!

Jazmin said...

Lyssa, Lyssa. You are funny! you act like those things are so bad, when in reality is what everyone does! I have really found it helpful to just go to bed on time and write my to do list to get "most" things done in my day, yet there is still some baskets on of laundry in my living room as we speak! Congrants on the baby! I think you will have a little Edward running around!

Adams Family said...

congrats lyssa!! so happy for you and hope you start feeling good soon! Ü

Lindsay said...

So so exciting! Congrats! I hope you get feeling better soon--it's so hard being pregnant and chasing after little ones too.
And I laughed out loud about the putting cereal on the floor for your piglets...too funny :)

Kajsa said...

congratulations!! too bad yall wont be here when the baby arrives! hope your sickness doesnt last too long!

Jill said...

Congratulations, Lyssa! I am so happy for you and your family, but I'm sorry you're feeling sick, not fun! Anyway, thanks for your post; I really enjoyed reading it and can totally relate to so many of the things on the list. Our laundry is always in baskets, I stay up way too late all the time, I hate cleaning the bathroom, really I could go on and on. Well, congrats again!

Cairen said...

Congratulations on a new baby on the way! I am so excited that I will get to see this one as a new born! Love the list, but especially love that you put bowl of cereal on the ground for the girls! That's awesome!

natalie said...

Oh and congrats on your baby!!! Be sure to keep us updated and let us know when you find out the gender.

natalie said...

loved this post lyssa! So refreshing. I really appreciate your honesty. I can say that I can agree with about 90% of what you said! You're not alone.

Kristen said...

Wow, you are lapping me! Congrats on the baby...Gunnar was born in Nov. It's a good time-you don't have to feel bad about the holiday binging b/c you will be pregnant or just had a baby and need the extra calories. haha After New Years it was back to business.

Anytime I talk to my mom or sister about how hard it is to be a mom they remind me that I have a 1yr old and a 3 yr old or a 2&4 yr old. They are really tough phases, and I feel like life is just now getting back to some semblance or prolonged contentment. I guess it is time to have another kid b/c it is getting too easy. haha But I am going to throw in another year just for good measure.

The Blaisdell Family said...

Ok, I like this "edit" and it makes more sense now.....I "diddo" 90% of this:) Thanks for talking today!!

Tyler and Erin said...

This is the best most real post I've read in a long time. Loved it and I could agreee with EVERYTHING. I really get sick of reading the perfect little blogs because it makes me feel like I SUCK. :-) So it is looking more and more like we will be going to UNLV also. YAY! Tyler has to make a final decision by the 25th. We are looking for housing in the Green Valley (part of Henderson) area. Have you found a place yet? I have a distant cousin that son is a real estate agent and trying to find us a good deal. I'll have to let you know if we find anything. Thanks again for making my day and realizing that there are people just like me out there.

erin said...

So exciting that you guys are adding another little one to the fam! I'm glad we're going to Vegas too so I can meet this little person! :) Congrats!

Mariley Johnson said...

congratulations on the new one!
i chuckled so many times. everything is always funnier when it's true!

JoEllen said...

Congratulations on the new baby! I hope you're feeling better by the time you move. Moving while pregnant is not fun, especially if you're feeling sick! Good luck!

aristacrina said...

You made me laugh, want to cry, and feel grateful all at the same time. I can't tell you how many times I've felt the same way. You are amazing. It's a good reminder that no one is perfect.

annie and jared said...

ha ha ha, i can definately relate to some of those things! CONGRATS on the new addition, how exciting for you guys. See, you are one of those people that I look at and get jealous, because your husband is ALMOST DONE WITH SCHOOL. I can't tell you how badly I wish that were me. I am SO sick of being a starving student, I am way too old for it. ha ha.

McArthur Family said...

Wow, I think we are living similar lives. I can totally relate to so much of what you said. I seriously laughed and almost cried as I read your blog. I think you are one of the most honest and real moms out there. Thanks for your example. I love you girl! And congrats on baby #3.

Jenni said...

another cute little zimmerman on the way?? Congratulations!! I hope you start feeling better!

Hillery said...

Congrats! You will be a pro at moving mid-pregnancy. Maybe #3 will be born October 20? :)

Tim and Melissa said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! I'm so sorry you are feeling sick though, and sad you are leaving SA! What an exciting time!!

Christine said...

I am so excited for you Lyssa! You beat me. I am due on Nov. 13. Morning sickness stinks!!!

I love, love, love your post. I have piglets too! We have the morning cartoons memorized. I do 100% of the things on your list. It is so refreshing to know I am not alone. Of course you also scrapbook, craft and do more stuff than I do. I think it makes up plenty for the 'bad' things. You are one amazing chick....

Love ya,
Christine

Heather Lee said...

ok that post made me laugh so hard! Especially the cold cereal, in a bowl, on the floor, like they are pigglets...HAHA if only I could look at that and not think, "another huge mess I'll have to clean up." I've always envied those moms that give their kids free reign of food, and don't worry about the mess they'll have to clean up. I swear I'll be feeding Holland until she enters college, just to save an outfit!
oh and don't mind that I did get teary eyed when I read the first comment on your "good things" list. You are such a sweet person Lyssa and your family is lucky to have you.

Heather Lee said...

AND OF COURSE! Congratulations on baby number three!!!! Well you already know you make beautiful babies so why not, right?

Bobbi said...

I seriously could copy and paste the entire first part of your blog and post it on mine because it is ALL TRUE about me too!! (up until the being pregnant part, of course.) And CONGRATS! It's always exciting to welcome another baby to the family, even as overwhelming, exhausting and nausiating as it can seem at times! Thanks for this post, Lyssa! I'm glad I"m not the only one who has a few "imperfections". Honestly, though, if you were perfect, I probably wouldn't like you as much!! Congrats again!

maggie said...

oh lyssa, we're all about one diet coke away from a nervous break down! I love it though!
Congratulations on #3! you are a great mom and person, and will only get better with a third!

mags

p.s. I use photoshop elements for my digi scrapping! It is so great..easy fun and NO CLEAN UP= happy maggie!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy! You ARE a great mom and I am sure you will be great with a third child. I am so excited for you. And your list...well, I am pretty sure I could put my own name in front of each of those things. :)

Stephanie said...

That made me chuckle! If my blog wasn't one of the "only show cute pictures for grandparents" blogs, I would totally have to cut and paste just about everything but the pregnancy into my blog--good and bad. Congrats!

katie t said...

loved this...

xoxo forever!

Pin It button on image hover