Wooden Pumpkins & Pecan Wreath


I got the idea for the pumpkins form U create they were really easy to make and they turn out really cute. The wreath idea came to me when I was in Crate and Barrel they had some made out of berries. I had a ton of pecans left over from last season so I decided to use them. The green balls are called horse apples, I picked them when I was in Fort Worth. The real pumpkin came from Love Creek pumpkin patch and Bailey painted it :)
All I did was hot glue the pecans to a styrofoam wreath from the dollar store and put moss/grass in between. It was super fast to make.

For the pumpkins we cut some 2x4 and sanded the edges.



Then we painted them orange, we tried using crackle paint on top but it didn't work. Then we cut leaves out of felt and made stems out of wire. To top it off we added some raffia.



2 comments:

Lyssa said...

Fun ideas Amber!

The DIY Show Off said...

So cute! If things weren't so crazy right now - I'd definitely be copying these ideas! Thanks so much for the inspiration!
:)

Roeshel

Pin It button on image hover