Kate, you deserve your own post.

I love my girls.
But we are going to focus on Kate right now.

Being a middle child is rough, but Kate doesn't seem to mind. To her, she has the best position.
She gets to play with her older sister, but also gets to cuddle and talk to her younger brother.
She is very observant. She catches on to things very quickly that she sees Emma do.
She was an early talker and keeps saying the funniest things.
But one of her greatest feats this past week was...
potty-training herself.

Yep, you read that right.
Being swamped with 3 kids, that was the last thing I wanted to do. Last week, however, she had other things in mind.
It started with a big interest in sitting on the "big" potty, none of this potty chair nonsense.
At first it was once or twice a day that she wanted to go potty. But then in the past week, it was every time. I first did nothing to encourage it...well because I was selfish and didn't want to deal with it, especially what I went through with Emma. I didn't want to do that while I was still adjusting to 3 kids.
Yet, to my amazement, I did nothing. Kate held the reins the whole time. She told me every time she needed to go potty...and she would. So then I introduce panties. She loves being able to pick one herself. And for the past week, she wears panties all day. There ahve been a few accidents but she has quickly learned to keep them dry.
Am I dreaming?! Did she really just train herself this week? And I didn't do anything?
The funny thing was my mom told me that I potty trained myself too. I wanted to be just like Jenny that I figured it out myself. And secretly I was hoping Kate would do just that.
So folks, God does answer prayers.
So I haven't braved to go out on errands with her in panties...there will be a time for that.

For now, we are mastering home life.
We took these pics yesterday. I found some awesome frames at DI, 3 to be exact that I want to put my adorable kids in. So I needed to get some updated pics taken.
Which one is your favorite of Kate? I would love to know.

12 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Oh that is SO awesome! Way to go Kate. I've heard of the preceding children doing stuff like that but none of mine have. But, knock on wood, I haven't dreaded potty training for any of them yet. It's tough, but it has always ended up being a lot easier than I imagined. I hope Camden pulls a "kate" since he does seem to try and keep up with the older kids.

I am SO proud of her and she's not even my daughter! LOL! I am happy for you too, being a mother of 3, to have this happen. So nice!!

Tyler and Erin said...

Way to Kate! That is awesome!! I love all the pics but the 2nd and 3rd pic you posted are my favs! So darling!

erin said...

Go Kate!! That's awesome.
My favorite pictures of her are the second one down, or the one with the big happy smile and graham cracker and juice!

Margie said...

I love the picture with Emma, but the next 2 pictures are my next 2 favorites. Stephen trained himself while we were at Disney World. Talk about an awkward time, but I never say No to that kind of progress. I think Kate has got it right, the middle child actually has it pretty good. They are usually pretty comfortable in their position.

JoEllen said...

Potty training herself? What a dream come true! I can only wish my kids will do something like that. I HATED potty training!

Way to be mom.

natalie said...

Good job Kate!
Bryn did the same thing and I'm assuming for the same reason... I was too busy with a new baby. I won't get that lucky twice I'm sure.
As for pics
I like the big cheesy grin (the pic under where you wrote "yep you read that right.")

Jazmin said...

Kate=AWESOME! That is a such a blessing! holy crap, i would LOVE that! BTW I like the picture of her after the cookie.

McArthur Family said...

Love the 2nd picture where her dimples are so cute. way to go Kate on the potty training!

Courtney said...

kate is awesome! That would totally be sweet if my kid would potty train himself, but I really doubt it. How nice for you to not have to worry about that too! All the pics are so cute of her, she has such a sweet face. ;)

Hillery said...

She deserves more than her own post - she needs a shopping spree to ToysRus or something! That is fantastic! Congrats to you and Kate! My fav pic is the 2nd one. Obviously, they are all adorable.

The Shirleys said...

First off: Kate is so photogenic! I am not sure which is my favorite, she is so cute!

Next: Emma cracks me up! I love the picture of her with the boquet of flowers at the wedding. SHe is getting so big.

Luke looks so cute in his little blessing suite.

Lastly: I love the snow pictures!!

Good luck on the job hunt Joe!!

Jill said...

Wow, great job Kate! I a very impressed. And I LOVE the pictures - so cute. I think my favorite picture is the 6th one down. I just love those dimples - so cute!

Pin It button on image hover