Commence Insanity

I really hate moving.
I really hate packing.
I really hate having to keep my house really clean for potential tenants.
Someone just turn in an application already!
The owners will give us $600 if we find new renters. So along with the million things I need to do, I am trying to find new tenants. We've had a lot of interest but no biting yet. boo!

Moving day for me is the 26th.
Me, Camilla (joe's sister) and the kids will leave to UT and spend a few days there. Not sure for how long. Camilla is awesome and will be my driving buddy the whole time, all the way to WA.
There is no way i would be able to drive solo with 2 crazies and a nursing baby for 14+ hours.

Joe will stay in Vegas and help clean and do touch-ups...aka-operation: get deposit back.
He will leave here the morning of the 30th and head straight up to WA.

About a week ago, we finally signed a lease on a rental. Not our favorite home. But we didn't have a lot of options. Their rental market is poop. It is bigger than the home we are in now by 150 sq. ft but it's still 3 bedrooms.

I was hoping for 4, to keep Luke and the girls in separate rooms...but I am going to brave it out and try my hand at putting all 3 kids in 1 room...crazy, right? I hope it works out...seriously, I don't know what else I will be able to do!

Luckily, we signed for a 6 month lease. I am praying that we can find a better option at that point.

Right now, our house is chaos! I wish I could pack some more but the rest of the stuff are things that are necessary to live. So the last week will be even worse...
all I can say is bring it!!

It is just hard to believe in 3 weeks, I will be in WA, unpacking!

Weird!

I am in that mode of trying to get all my thoughts out so I can stay sane and organize them.
could you tell?!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Can't you put the kids in separate rooms with 3 rooms? Good luck to you. I can't wait to be and also dread where you are.

The Blaisdell Family said...

Uck, I don't like that stage of moving either. SO much to do, but still you kinda have to sit and wait until it's almost moving day. Good luck Lyssa girl!

So why do all 3 kids have to be in the same room when you have 2 rooms available for the kids??

Lyssa said...

Well, we are at a point right now where we either need a room for toys or an office or a guest room...so initially, we'll probably put lUke in the 3rd room. But we have so much crap! It would be nice to have that room for one of those things...or all of them like we've done. With 4 bedrooms, we could still put Luke in his own room. And there's not open space for a desk or anything like that...

The Blaisdell Family said...

That stinks. Especially since you didn't have much to choose from. :( I hope you can find a new place at the end of this contract!

Jazmin said...

Lyssa Bear!
I HATED moving this time (don't know why??) but I guess as you age, you tend to run out of steam faster! Anyway, I would strongly suggest to PURGE! in a BIG way! We did a garage sale recently, and donated a TON! so much so, that all of the kids toys fit in one room perfectly. I too was faced with the dilemma of putting the kids together or separate but in the end we needed an office and they got bunk beds. PS. THEY LOVE BEING TOGETHER! what I suggest is, purge, and once your in your rental, decorate the room really cute! and then you will be HAPPY! Honestly, the whole idea of a 'TOY AREA' is from SA. You can get houses for cheap with space! sadly that thought ended in Dallas! I can't even imagine WA! look at decorating blogs and you will see that you can make ALMOST ANY! rental super cute and efficient! tell me if you run into any vampires!!!

Courtney said...

I hate moving too. It's so not fun. I'm glad you guys found a house to rent. It's so stressful when you don't have a place. Hope the rest of your packing and move goes good. I'm glad you've got help driving. Hope you love WA!!

Pin It button on image hover