Chair Before & After!

With all the major projects I have lined up, I needed something small to finish to give me some motivation that I can do them!
I found this little guy at Value Village.
I'm new here and this was my first time in the store.
But it was all familiar :)
I got this for $6!
This legs were so wobbly and look at that paint job.
But I knew the potential.
So I took it home, sanded it down a bit, tightened the legs and gave it some good old spray paint, Ocean Breeze color.
Then I distressed it with some sand paper.

Taa-Daaa!
It's not going to stay out on the porch...but it does look nice there too.
I just needed it air out a bit. 
After everything, this little guy only cost me $15.  not bad!
I have the perfect place for it inside by the entry/coat closet :)

Linked up Here:
Primitive & Proper

southern hospitality

The DIY Show Off
Visit thecsiproject.com

10 comments:

Sarah @ Hennessey House said...

WOW! i love it. :) fantastic new color!

susan said...

I have not seen one of those in a very long time. Almost everyone had some version or a built in niche for the phone. I am sure it will enjoy its new life with you! Very cute!

ellie said...

I think it turned out perfect. I just redid a dresser but need to pick up knobs for it, very similiar color. What did you rub it with to get the black on it?

Lyssa said...

Ellie-
I ended up rubbing anything on it. It is from the black paint underneath. I didn't sand it off, but just left it on. So when I distressed it, it showed through. It turned out to be quite nice!
But I know you can get the same look with glaze.

Kate@TwentySixToLife said...

Cute! love the color :)

Karie's Chic Creations said...

Very cute! Love the color.

goldie said...

Lysaa!! So, cute. I seriously had no idea this was your blog. haha I have actually been here before while wondering through blogland!! Love the new porch chair!

Goldie

Jenn said...

Hey Lyssa, fun to meet you today! How come you get all the fun finds at the thrift stores?! I NEVER have any luck around here. Super cute!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it turned out SO cute! and my favorite part of the picture.... the chalk drawings... reminds me of my back deck and front sidewalk! they add so much charm to an already adorably charming chair! thanks for linking to my first party!

Meg said...

Fun color!

Pin It button on image hover