life sucks.

there. 
i said it.

sorry for the profanity.

you definitely don't want to use "suck" in sacrement meeting either. 
A few weeks ago, we got a new missionary for our area.  It was testimony meeting and he went up to bear his.  In it, he compared the different areas he had served in.  One particular place, he said that "it just sucked." 
i remember laughing, gasping, & disgust in the audience....I may or may not have been one of those who laughed....it was like a shocked laugh...
Anyways, come to find he got a heap load of trouble for it.
Apparently the younger generation has no manners!
but I thought it was funny.

My kids are funny.  I realize this every day.
Like today, emma came running downstairs in just her panties and was yelling, "ahhhh ahahaahah"
I thought she was inpersonating Ariel like usual.
but no.
"Mom, i'm tarzan!"
then she did her tarzan yell and went running or swinging around the house.

Kate is just hilarious every day.  If she doesn't want emma to take something of hers, she'll say
"No emma, it's gross!  It has pee and poop in it!"
Trust me, it doesn't stop there.  She could go on all day.
Luke is hilarious when he throw a fit and just plops on the floor.
then he'll look up at me, to make sure I'm looking and keep crying.
And he KNOWS when he is teasing his sisters.  he thoroughly enjoys that.

life keeps going for me.
today, i particularly didn't want to do anything.  I seriously didn't want to do ANYTHING.
dishes?  nope.
pick up toys? nada.
go to the bathroom?  if I could, I wouldn't have.
soemthing weird is going on here.  Seriously.

i htink it's the weird stage i'm in right now.
we are strenuously looking for a practice right now.
yet it's a buyer's market right now so everyhting is SO MUCH.
Financing doesn't come easy so that leaves us in a tight spot.
Places we thought were golden are a facades.
so we are scrounging.
i feel like i'm using my fingers to dig in dry dirt, frantically looking for something, anything.

we would stay here if we could but it's becoming clear that we can't stay.
joe can't work here anymore.
it's just a not a right fit.
the longer we stay, the more harm it causes on him.

in a few days, we are heading to UT, dropping the kids off and doing a roadtrip aka scouting trip to some practices to undisclosed area *wink*
Hopefully we'll find a winner.
hopefully the kids won't give my mom a heart attack.
and.
hopefully i can get out of this annoying funk i am in.

12 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow, I didn't know you guys were planning on leaving so soon. I loved all your WA pics. It's such a great state to live. Good luck finding a good fit for your family--sorry that it is so rough out there. Private Practice scares me to death!

erin said...

I have those days sometimes too. Every now and then it's nice to just sit. and do nothing! :)
I hope you find some place that will be a perfect fit on your road trip!

Ann-Marie said...

Yuck. I hate being in funks. My fingers are crossed for you. Makes me realize the "next stage" isn't necessarily any smoother. :(

Nic said...

Good luck on finding a practice!

Courtney said...

I've been in a funk lately too. I so feel you! Good luck finding something. That does suck when you just can't find the right place. haha I just said suck at least it's not in sacrament mtg. Bummer joe's job isn't working. That is the worst because it sets the tone for everything, if they hate their job then it just reflects on everything in your guys life. Oh and good luck with financing it's such a pain. When we were looking to buy a house, it was like jumping through hoops and that was just a house not a practice. Anyways, try to smile you'll get through it somehow. :)

Tim and Jennifer said...

Oh Lyssa I feel for you! Whenever I think about us leaving SA in May and trying to settle down... I eat! aka-I'm stressed. I'm in a funk too. Just being to overwhelmed. Everywhere I look something needs to be organized or cleaned and I just freeze. Hopefully this week will be better!

THE ORMES said...

I am forever in a funk it seems. It's not easy when life is hard and not going as nicely as you planned ... I completely understand that!!!

Being a temp dentist has really worked out for Tom. The pay is awesome, and for the most part he's enjoyed everything about his job. I hate that we're apart, but this is way better than what we went through this past year in Utah.

We're just doing the temp stuff until June 1, at which point the banks will be more willing to lend to him and we'll be on the hunt for a practice. We tried buying before and you're just too limited. What you can buy is so small that you'll end up struggling ... believe me ... been there, done that!! Good luck with everything! We definitely understand everything you're going through.

Jeremy, Jennie, Caleb, and Noah said...

Good luck on your scouting trip! I think we will all be happy when we find our final stopping place =)

Ben and Nanci Hanks said...

I love Kate's threat! And I don't feel like doing anything today so it's nice to get caught up in the blogging world. Good luck on your search!

McArthur Family said...

My mom frequently reminds me, "After the trial of your faith, you will be blessed." Hopefully, the blessings come soon, right?

At least you all get to be together. Doug and I are living each day just waiting for news of when he'll deploy (probably be gone 6m-1year). Trying to just have faith that the Lord is watching over and leading our lives. Which I know He is, I just need to trust in Him more.

I know it's a ways away, but have you looked into Clarksville, TN =). Love to you all!

annie and jared said...

lyssa.. sorry your are stressed. i guess life has streeses at any point in your life huh? my stress is getting jer to pick a law school right now.. we all have our battles :)

Jeremy, Jennie, Caleb, and Noah said...

Thanks for your encouraging note! Hopefully we will get it all figured out sometime soon=)

Pin It button on image hover