Tidy-Up Tuesdays

In efforts to give my blog some direction, I am going to try something new.
I am going to organize a few days of the week for specific things.
Tuesdays will be now known as "Tidy-Up Tuesdays"
This will be where I posted tips or ideas, organization or anything that has to do with "tidying up"

So this weeks installment...

I found this shelf at Salvation Army but when I saw it, it wasn't for the wall.
what I had in mind was something for my kid's coloring stuff that ALWAYS end up all over the table and floor below...no more!
So I got to work...I ripped off that hood...lid...roof thingy.

next, I grabbed my hacksaw and took off that stick along the top..
The purpose is this:
a place for all their crayons, markers, pencils, glue, scissors etc etc... but just wait...
I found this basket at Value Village about 4 months ago and guess what fits exactly inside of that?!
It's perfect for storing other items too on the side :)
So what used to be the usual sight for my poor dresser....
is no more!  The basket fits perfectly underneath and I have a clean, organized area...and my table can be eaten on again :)
and that, my friends, is Tidy-Up Tuesdays!

What are some things you have found that have helped you tidy up around your home?

linking up above and here:
Thrifty Decor Chick's Organize it Party

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Beautiful. I love organizing kids' stuff and baskets of all sorts are pretty! BTW, I love your blog name!

Suzanne's NEW blog ~ as for me and my house…

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

What a great project. I love organizing. I'm your newest follower. Be sure to stop by my blog Monday and add your project to the More The Merrier Monday Link Party.

http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

that looks so great!

Reginia @NotSoModern said...

Great Change-up!
I love all things organized and this fits the bill perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Love how you altered this to fit your needs, it looks great now. I'm looking forward to your Tuesdays now to see what else you organize! Thanks for linking up!

At The Picket Fence said...

What a fantastic idea! So creative and functional. Thanks so much for coming over and linking up to Inspiration Friday this week! We hope to see much more of you in the future!
Vanessa

Pin It button on image hover