valentine's day decor tutorial

Alrighty, i've got a super cheap, super easy, and super CUTE valentines (or anytime of the year) decor for you today....
See those adorable hearts?!
Can you believe they came from these?
 Yep.  And i'm goign to show you how to make these yourself.
So first, fold the emtpy toilet paper rolls in half, like so.
 Next, cut them into strips, however wide you will want your hearts.
Next, you are going to push one end in to the shape of a heart.
 To keep that shape, I stapled that.
 next, you will use a hole punch to each side of the heart
 see?
 then grab your fav thread and thread through each heart to make a heart strand.
then you figure out where you want them put in your home :) 
I love the look they give. 
I seriously will keep this up all year!





the best part is it was free!
keep those tubes handy!
Visit thecsiproject.com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So I just checked out your site. You are so freakin' talented. I've always wanted to re-do furniture and you have done some awesome things! How the heck do you find all your awesome deals. Very jealous!

jillian sara said...

I LOOOOOVE this idea! And where did you get your bakers twine???

At our church we do a princess ball every year at the end of the school year for all the little girls and the theme this year is "sweetheart". {Because everyone didn't want their vday decorations to go to waste :)} I am so doing this!!!

shannon said...

I am now a toilet paper tube saver!!! Inspiring idea
www.dashing-home.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

at first I thought these were like Betz white's heart garland... but so much cooler that it's from recycled toilet paper rolls.... kudos to a wonderful site! and thanks fro sharing your ingenious ideas!

Pin It button on image hover