super quick green shirt redo

Ok so I woke  up this morning, remembering that my daughter was supposed to wear green today at preschool for St. Patrick's Day.
yikes...she has no green clothes...
So I had this old shirt in my stash that would work.

So i grabbed a random shirt of hers to kind of measure where to cut...
(and this was this morning at 7 AM so pardon the pictures)

So I cut it to how I want it...

I first sewed the sides...BUT I recommend doing the sleeves first because it's so small to work with once everything is sewn!

 Did a cute little cap sleeve for her.

  
 THen I just hemmed it to the length that I wanted and flipped it around.

And there's her green shirt for today.
Boy she was really excited and I was so happy she liked it!...(she's 5 and very particular!)


If you are in a tight spot today or tomorrow or EVER for a shirt, 
you can whip this up in less than a half an hour!

I'm Linking up To THESE parties!
Visit thecsiproject.com

14 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

You are freak'n awesome!! I love this!! Such a fun idea!

I have so many shirts that are too big for ME right now, wonder if I could cut them down to size so I can keep wearing them and save some $$$ ????

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Katie sent me!

Now THAT'S impressive. If I realized I didn't have anything green for my kids to wear on St. Patricks day, they'd be wearing red.

In fact...not sure what the green situation is for tomorrow... oops.

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Thanks for linking this up to Wicked Awesome Wednesday. I didn't have anything GREEN green for the Boy to wear to school; he had to settle for a light green shirt, lol! oh well.

Unknown said...

very cute! Love her posing in that t-shirt! so adorable!

I have a giveaway on my blog.$35 + free shipping to get a custom trendy backpack for your little darling. All you have to do is leave a comment.
http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/35-store-credit-free-shipping-to-get.html

Christina said...

awwww the shirt is great...and she is SOOO cute!

Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

Siggy said...

SUPER cute! I am loving finding new things to do with old t-shirts!

Lindsey said...

What a great idea! Thanks for stopping by and linking. :)

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

You're Supermom! Usually before school we're rushing around - YOU are MAKING a shirt!!! Love it!

Thanks for adding this to Sweets This Week.

Sarah

auntie said...

What a cutie! Love her dimples :)

Monica said...

Lovely and so easy! What a great way to up-cycle old t-shirts!

Anonymous said...

You're quick! I would have run out to the 24 hour Wal-Mart. lol.

The shirt turned out great. :)

At The Picket Fence said...

All I can say is wow! I can't believe you whipped that up before school. Very impressive and your little model is so adorable! Thanks for linking up to Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence!

Heather

kate blue said...

fantastic! I really need to learn how to sew...I have a sewing machine but use it for scrapbooking LOL !!!!

Melissa said...

That is so cute! I hate when you get a whole at the very bottom of a shirt. But it is still really cute! Great idea.

Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.

-Melissa

MyCraftieLife.Blogspot.com

Pin It button on image hover