tidy-up tuesdays.


I have realized that I have a never-ending project:  My craft room.
Progression is slow.  Especially when you actually use the craft room!

So do you remember what I started out with?

Then I got a metal shelf to help relieve some congestion...



See?  This was post shelf help.  Big improvement!

So here is what I am at right now...okay not right now, but a few weeks ago before I demolished it when getting ready for the craft fair!


If you ignore the tabletop, then it's pretty clean!

I wanted to show you that I am still working on it and will be forever working on it, i'm afraid.
It is by no means finished.  I need some wall shelves and then some of those quotes I had, to put up on the walls.  And do you notice my ribbon holder?  That's my first one I made a year or so ago.  I am still figuring out where I want them both....
So ya, I am glad its getting done, even if it's slow :)

and speaking of craft fair, what a flaker I am!  I told you I was going to post things before and I just ran out of time!  So I promise tomorrow I will post pics of the event and the things I made for it.

So let me ask you, where do you create?  Dining room table? closet? craft room?
I would love to know!

8 comments:

Barbie said...

I have what I would like to call a "craft room", but it's more of a "omg I have no place to put this crap, shove it in here!" room lol!

emilysnan said...

hiya , your craft room is looking great , mine sounds like barbie's room (previous comment )tfs
xmaggiex

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

You room looks great! I'm with the two ladies above . . . my craft room is more like a craft tornado that tore through the basement. My room is the basement--how sad!

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

Erica said...

New Follower here :) I love your blog :) My craft room at the moment is boxed up because we are building a home but my office will be my craft room. And it will look like a complete mess :)

BB said...

Looking good! Keep it up :)

Gretchen said...

He He He.... You room looks GREAT compared to mine....

I have a "studio" in the garage, that when cleaned works awsome, but recently it has been a MESS with all of my half done projects, so I have been working on the dining room table. My kids keep saying things like "mom, you have a studio don't you?? Why do we have to eat in the middle of all of this?" My solution?? Feed them on the picnic table outside! :-)

Christa said...

I'm blessed to have a small craft room upstairs. It was a small toy room for the last family that lived here.

I try to keep it as organized as possible, but I go through times when it's a complete wreck.

I've finally come to the conclusion that my room isn't going to be ship-shape when I'm in the middle of a project, but that's okay. Once the project is done, I can put everything away and have a clean craft room like the magazines (well, minus the built-ins and other expensive stuff).

I've also discovered that I have to be flexible with my organization. What works one year doesn't always work the next year when my focus has changed a little. I view it as a work in progress to reduce my frustration levels.

Anonymous said...

I wanted a craft room upstairs, away from distractions and with a nice window view. Then I got tired of lugging supplies upstairs so made a craft storage area off the kitchen. Both of those are too messy to work in, so I have craft supplies in the living room so I can work on things while watching tv. Posts like this inspire me to make up my mind and get one room organized so I actually get some work done.
Have you seen the big blog events on "Where Bloggers Create?" Last year it was in June.
I have some inspiration posts saved http://dmuseit.wordpress.com/best-postslinks-to-share/

Pin It button on image hover