Side table redo.

**LIttle reminder that voting for the free SNAP ticket opens the 21st, tonight at midnight!!**
Please help me get to SNAP!!  Can I bribe you from something from my shop? ;);)
And a big thanks to all you readers & followers.  You guys are super.  

aannnyywaaaayyysss...look what I did!

Remember this little guy I got for $5?  Well he needed a facelift.  So we sanded down the rough spots and wiped it down.

Next came the painting.  Originally, I used 1 can of "Sweet Cream" by Krylon.  But it wasn't enough.  So I went to the store for more and they didn't sell that color :(
So I grabbed "Warm Yellow" from Rustoleum and used that as the second coat.  I really like how it turned out.  I am very loyal to Krylon but I really liked the color of Warm Yellow too.

So now it sits in the corner where my white shelf thing used to be, which is now up in my craft room.  I love how the yellow really brightens the room,




There you have it folks.  The yellow goes perfect with the color of the walls too.  Definitely a keeper!

Linking up HERE :)

16 comments:

Rust-Oleum said...

Lyssa,

Great job with your side table. The Warm Yellow works so well. Keep up the great work and thank you so much for using Rust-Oleum.

- Rust-Oleum Scott

Hannah @HannahHandmade said...

This is a cute table! LOVE IT! Thanks for being a follower on my blog. I just wanted to let you know I am doing a giveaway for a vintage hand dyed apron. HURRY! It ends Thursday! {http://madebyhannahshands.blogspot.com/2011/05/giveaway-yes-please.html}

Jami said...

It's gorgeous! especially with the teal tray.

Natalie @ Corduroy Dreams said...

LOVE IT! That yellow color is PERFECT! Way to go!

Polly said...

CUTE table - love it :)

Karen said...

That table is adorable! $5 bucks??? That is a steal. Love the color!! Awesome blog:)
www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

Amy said...

I love the tray on the yellow table....it really pops! Great job on the table!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Great job and the tray is perfect!

AsylumTanya said...

Your table turned out great! It was definitely worth $5, some paint, and some elbow grease. Thank you for sharing your talents!

Mel Creates Often said...

Love it! Question: when you sand something can you do it softly just to get the top coat off or do you have to put some elbow grease into it until it's all worn down to the base? I'm in the middle of something, and I'm scared to move forward. This post made me follow you on Google and like you on FB. Looks beautiful with the yellow!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

What a beauty! I love the detailing on this table -- so worth saving and you really chose a great color for it!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Great color! Love it!

Barbara Pilcher said...

You have a terrific sense of color. The table was a find. The lines are what make it -- plus your new coat of paint! Keep up the good work. I found you at Handy Man Crafty Woman.

DearHelenHartman said...

Cute and clever - just like you! Found your blog through Wicked Awesome Wednesday and glad I did!

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

I LOVE the color! It turned out awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Love it!! Love the tray, too! Thanks for linking this up to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

Pin It button on image hover