Silhouette Project without Photoshop.


Today i'm going to show you my silhouette project I just finished over the weekend:
This is a "silhouette" project, not a project made with a Silhouette machine ;)

 I've been trying to fill this wire thing for months now!  And i know I wanted to do something with the kids.  Then I decided to jump on the silhouettes!

So we are going to do the basic, no-photoshop way today since...i don't have photoshop!

Okay first you want to take a side profile picture of your subject.  Hopefully this doesn't take you as long as it took me since my kids didn't want to hold still!  But finally I got all 3!
Load it up to your computer.

Next you want to tape a piece of paper on the computer screen...

Next you want to take a pen or pencil and trace the outline of the face, head and shoulders.  Get that detail!


Next you want to trim the paper and tape it to a black piece of paper or cardstock and then cut it out!

Don't forget detail!

 Next cut the back paper to the size of your frame.  I chose an 8 x 10.

Stick the head on the paper where you want it.

Next I wanted to write their name and year so I grabbed my vanishing pen and stencil. 

This stuff is cool because it will vanish and you are left with straight journaling!


Prepare your frames.  I spray painted mine with Krylon Bright Idea color.  Love it.

Then you place the paper in the frame and put it where you want it.  I love how it turned out!







I'm linking to THESE parties!

12 comments:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

I'm definitely going to give this a go - assuming I have any photographs in profile (my youngest has decided cameras are going to steal his soul and raises hell if he's photographed!). Yours turned out brilliantly. This would probably make a good gift for grannies as well.

Kelly @ Make It Sparkly Mama said...

OMGoodness! I am screaming (on the inside) these have elluded me so far! But, but, I can do THIS! So fantastic!

Michelle said...

That is fantastic! I love the colors and have ALWAYS been a BIG fan of silhouette art. You did a wonderful job and I'm gonna give it a try!

emilysnan said...

hiya , thank you for making this tut. so easy to follow it turned out really great x tfs
happy crafting
xmaggiex

Unknown said...

These look great and fab feature over at LizMarie's blog!!

Courtney said...

super adorable! love the yellow too.

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LUV! love the display too, and the paint color. GREAT JOB! winks-jen

Jami said...

I am definitely going to try that! I love it. And I love your wood burning fireplace. I want one ;)

Unknown said...

I so want to do silhouettes of my kids... this, I think I could handle!! MUST add to my to-do list! :)
visiting from Creative Collage

At The Picket Fence said...

That was a seriously clever way of doing a silhouette! I've never seen anyone use the pic on the screen to trace the profile. Thanks so much for sharing this easy peasy tutorial with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
Vanessa

Unknown said...

These are awesome! Love the silhouette.. now if only I could win one! ha ha! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

Jenn Erickson said...

I don't have PhotoShop or a Silhouette either, and I've been dying to do silhouettes of my girls. Thank you so, so much for doing a tutorial for "the rest of us"! Definitely one of my favorite projects linked up on "A Little Birdie Told Me..." Tuesday!

Jenn/Rook No. 17

Pin It button on image hover