crafty christmas tree

So this is the first year that I have been making my gifts.  Main reason is lack of...oh what's it called?  
oh ya, money.
I also had a bit of time to finish up this little gem that has been sitting on my desk for months.
Love how it turned out!
Ok, i'm going to show you how to make this.  You may or may not have seen these types of trees around blogland but oh well, my turn!  This year's Super Saturday for my ward, we did something similar.

So supplies as follows:
-chipboard cone
-double-sided scrapbook paper 
-hot glue gun
-die-cut machine (personal preference is the ecraft by craftwell :) )







I used the ecraft  and cut out these tulip shapes...alot of them.

Here's a video of the ecraft in action in Tray mode.  That's how I was able to just "set it and forget it".


Ok so once you get your paper cut out, then get your hot glue gun ready.

Just glue a strip of hot glue on the cone, then add a few shapes at a time.

Here I go!  I love this shape because how it looks with the pointy "branches".  It's looks cute if you curl them up too.


TA-DA!!!
All done.  It didn't take me that long to glue on there, maybe 15 minutes.  I have a ton more tulips too so I might have to go grab another cone!


What holiday crafts have you made this year?


PS, if you couldn't tell, I love the eCraft machine.  Did you know they have a BLOG now?  You need to check it out!

2 comments:

Raven B said...

This really is fabulous!!! Great job girl!

Hilla Hryniszyn said...

i like that, simple idea with the amazing final effect
follow me...
inveiglefair.blogspot.com

Pin It button on image hover