DIY Family Home Evening Board

Don't you love when a project that you have in your mind goes according to plan and it turns out better than you thought?

Let me introduce you to what i'm talking about:
This is our family's Family Home Evening magnet board.  Each week, we get together as a family and do activities, treats, and a lesson.  It's a wonderful way to bond as a family.  My kids love it and look forward to Mondays.  I'll go into details later, but let's see how this baby was born.

Supplies Used:
Fundamentals 1 SD card
Jen Allyson SD card
CutMates cardstock paper
hot glue
Shrink and Bake paper
Patterned Paper by My Mind's Eye
Alpha mini Stamps from Hobby Lobby
Modge Podge

I started with this.  It's a large print inside a wooden frame. I got this for free. 


Next, I grabbed some metal sheets I got from Home Depot and hot glued them onto the large mounted print that I popped out of the wooden frame.

Next, I grabbed some paper and started the design process.  I added some cut outs from the Fundamentals SD card.  Then I cut out a few more and started grafting some branches in.

 I used Modge Podge to get everything set.

After a hard night's work, my design was finally done!  I used some journaling spots from Joann's $ spot for the labels.  Cut out some letters for my title.  LOTS of leaves as well :)

See, each week, each person in the family will be in charge of spot: Song, Treats, Game, Prayer & Lesson.



So I used my Shrink & Bake to make everyone's individual name tags.  I cut out adorable animal shapes from both SD cards and colored with.

Followed the instructions and got some wonderful name tags!


 So I put on some magnets on the back.


Now we can alternate each week!

 

Here's my Kate helping me show off my latest creation :)

Then I put back into the frame.
 


Now it's on the wall, for all to see!  The kids are really excited to see what they get to do each week.


And what's fun is that they can play with the animals and board too!  I am probably going to make some more creatures for them to play with.

Do you like to do DIY redos?  I think i'm addicted!

This project is being posted over at the eCraft Blog too!  Go check out the wonderful creations we have there every day of the week!

4 comments:

McArthur Family said...

That's awesome!!! I love it!

Nicole said...

That is so adorable! I made one last year and it didn't turn out as planned, so I want to make another. Great ideas.

Anonymous said...

That's such a great Family Home Evening board. I really need to get a new one for our fhe nights. It seems like a challenging board, but it's so cute, I think I'm going to have to try this one. Thanks so much for sharing!

Kristin said...

Such a cool idea...I love it! Love the originality. Thanks! :)

Pin It button on image hover