broken record

I  am at my wit's end with the disobedience that goes on in my household.  I feel like a broken record, telling my kids "no" or "sorry" over and over and over again.  It is really REALLY frustrating.  It gets to a point where I kick them outside to play because I can't handle their "asking" over and over again when i've already answered them.  Is there a solution for this?  For them to hear the first time I say it?  It's driving me nuts.  And i'm scared to death of next week, when school will be out and I will be with all 3 of them all the time.

Don't get me wrong.  Love my kids to death.  But seriously?  Their type of behavior can only be endured for so long!  I would love any parenting advice or tips on how to handle this.

I don't want to be the annoyed, angry mom in this home.  I want to be the loving, fun, respected mom who is super awesome.  That's not too much to ask, right?

3 comments:

McArthur Family said...

My kids behavior actually improved after school was out...interesting huh? I don't know if their (or my) stress level lowered or if I'm able to feed them better nutritionally or what but everyone seems to be happier....maybe it's the fact I get to spend more one on one time with them and they get more attention from me...not for sure but I've been pleasantly surprised.

Nicole said...

Have you read the Love and Logic book? I have tried so many things in it and my life has become infinitely less stressful. I am no longer angry or frustrated, because it gives you things to do when the kids ask over and over again or misbehave. Bradley asks about a million times for everything. After my first answer, I just say "I love you too much to argue with you." I repeat that phrase for as long and as many times as it takes for him to stop asking. Now he gets it most of the time and after one time of me telling him I love him too much to argue with him, he gives up and moves on to something else. It's worth a shot! Good luck.

The Shirleys said...

Things sound similar at my house. Our kids must be the same age. ;0)

Let me know if you find something that works. It varies from day to day here.

Pin It button on image hover